April 22, 2009

Observe And Report (04/22/09)

Lettergrade: F

Seth Rogen is going to seriously have to watch it. One or two more pictures like Observe And Report, 2009's second mall-cop comedy, and I'm going to have to start skipping his movies on instinct as I've learned to do with Will Ferrel and Adam Sandler -- guys whose early efforts I guiltily enjoyed, but whose more recent pictures I treat with extreme caution.

Several of Observe's early scenes reminded of a few different Sandler and Ferrel productions, actually, and not in a good way. I'm talking about the kind of bits where it seems like the thinking was "don't worry that the script isn't there and the scene doesn't make sense... I'll Rogenize it!"

This is also a "comedy" where the lead character suffers from serious mental issues and delusions. Skip it.

No comments:

Post a Comment